German Tanker Shipping GmbH & Co. KG is a ship-owning company founded in Bremen in 1998. Our fleet presently consists of 15 MR oil product tankers, all of them built in Germany.
From the first day our philosophy was to be a true ship-owning company, so we take complete control of all our tankers by ourselves. Building supervision, manning, chartering, operations, accountancy, funding, payments, insurances, supply of stocks and spare parts, maintenance, as well as the constant surveillance and improvement of all quality and security standards, are controlled from the Hans-Böckler-Straße in Bremen. That's how it was in the beginning, and that's how it is till today.
We are currently looking for a
for our inspection department.
Your key responsibilities
- To maintain the vessels including repairs, planned maintenance and spare part control
- To order material, spare parts, services, repairs or other requirements of the vessels in cooperation with the in-house purchase department
- To carry out navigational or technical inspections
- To ensure that vessels have valid certificates with endorsements, and undergo necessary class surveys as required
- Vetting support upon request
- To prepare necessary dry docking yard tenders and repair specifications; supervision during dry docking and negotiations with the shipyard
- About five years of work experience in shipping, shipbuilding or marine engineering is required; we provide training on the job for those candidates who started a career ashore as well
- Hard working and very well-organized; good ability to work on multiple projects at the same time
- Good teamwork skills and decision-making abilities
- Good command of the English language (spoken and written)
If you are interested in this position, we will be happy to receive your written application.